Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Great Book

I just finished another one of Charles Dickens's books, Bleak House. Even though I've never read one of his books that I did not like, I am convinced that this is one of the best. It took me a long time to get through it, since it is around 920 pages long, and it has all the twists, turns and complications that you can expect from a Dickens novel, making it more difficult to read. Still, the end was all worth it. There were so many good characters -- and just enough bad characters-- and the storyline was really interesting and full of suspense. As if the book wasn't good enough, Masterpiece Theater has eight hour movie of Bleak House that is outstanding. Definitely read the book and watch the movie, but don't do one without the other unless you have to.

No comments: