Saturday, October 20, 2007

22 Birthday

Well, my birthday is over already. What's funny, is that when I was little, it seemed like forever before my birthday came around every year. I would always say it took my birthday longer to get here than everybody else's because mine was in fall. All my friends and cousins' birthdays were in summer, so I had to go to all of their parties and then wait another two months for my birthday. It just did not seem like it took the same 365 days to get to my birthday that it did to theirs -- it felt like theirs came every 100 days or so. That's not true any more! It seems like October comes sooner every year.

Yesterday morning, we went shopping for new clothes. I chose a dressier outfit at one store -- black pants and a satin shirt with a burgundy and black print. I also finally found a really colorful dress. It's bright pink and purple with really big bold patterns and flowing sleeves. I like dresses and shirts with bold prints on them. One day, I'll probably look back and wonder what I was thinking, but for now I really like them. At another store I found a nice pair of jeans and two simple tops in bright fuchsia and blue. I love bright colors. When we got home, my mom made one of my favorite desserts for after dinner, a rich chocolate eclair, and then we went out to eat at a great Mexican restaurant. I love all kinds of cuisine, but Mexican is my absolute favorite. Everything is delicious at this restaurant. Even the chips-n-salsa appetizer is great. I ordered an enchilada combo plate and it was sooo good. When we went home, I opened a couple more presents. Gabrielle gave me a DVD of one of my favorite musicals, My Fair Lady, and my mom gave me a little crystal piano figurine that was so pretty.

So, you can see, I had a really great birthday. By the way, I tried to post pictures, but blogger's picture thing isn't working today for some reason. :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Happy birthday! We're of the same age :)

Mandy said...

Thank you, Anna! It's nice to meet you!