Friday, November 2, 2007

All of my artwork is...finished!!!

I have finally finished all of my artwork. They are all framed with coordinating mat-boards. I am breathing a sigh of relief now that they are all finished and I can simply draw when I want to now, instead of rushing to get everything done. The art show is next Saturday (eight days from now). I might take all of these drawings or leave a few behind. I haven't decided yet. Whatever I decide, I have to think of titles for each piece I enter and decide if I want to put the piece up for sale. That's hard for me on both counts. I am really not creative when it comes to names -- so far all I have come up with is "Ship", "Bridge", "Horses"...:) I don't like putting pieces up for sale, either. It is different when I draw something for someone and give it to them. When that happens, I know the person really wants it and will take care of it. It just makes me sad to think of putting so much work into a drawing and then selling it to someone and never seeing it again. I know that's slightly ridiculous. When I've drawn a lot more, I probably won't mind as much, but for now, I have a hard time letting go of my drawings. :)



Anyway, here they are. I've thought of a few titles, but if anyone has any suggestions, by all means suggest. I do have to say that these pictures are a little blurry. It is very difficult to photograph graphite drawings, for some reason.



My hands playing the piano.
My dog Princess. I'll probably just use her name. The pirate ship. I thought about "Sailing", but that doesn't quite seem right.


My sister. I drew this last year, but didn't enter it in the show, so I think I will this year.
My dad's hand strumming his guitar.
Horses in a pasture near our house. I thought of "Winter Grazing" or "Grazing in Winter" because, as you can see, all the trees are dead. :)
For portraits, I could just use her name.


The city skyline. I thought of "Bridge to the City". I told you I was really bad at this.
Again, I could just use his name.



I am so glad all these projects are finally completed. Hopefully, next year I will be able to take lots of great landscape photos for references and complete a lot of portraits. Of all subjects, portraits are my favorite to draw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive artwork!

Mandy said...

Thank you so much!

Emily said...

Wow Mandy, what amazing pictures! You have such a talent! They are beautiful, you should be very proud. Keep drawing!
And thank you for visiting my blog :)