Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Show and Tell

http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ hosts Show and Tell Friday every week. This is the first time I have participated in it. It is so neat to visit different blogs and see what people have to share. Since we have brought out the Christmas decorations this week, I decided to share a picture of these little plates that are so special to me.

My Grandma gave these to me when I was only one year old. Every Christmas, they have been displayed somewhere in our home. When we moved 600 miles away from our hometown, they helped me feel like I wasn't so far from home that first Christmas. Grandma died three years ago, but every time I see these little plates I remember her and how much she loved Christmas and pretty decorations.

11 comments:

~~Deby said...

oh I love these...and what memories....
This is my first time doing the S&T too...this is fun.
Deby

Susan said...

Beautiful Christmas plates and so special since they are from your grandmother.
Susan

retha said...

Welcome at Show and Tell.
The plate on the right looks like a biscuit house.
What a wonderful grandmother, a wonderful thing to show those you love you thought about them. And in a way they can always look back on.

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Mandy...I'm running late visiting the list of show and tellers...but wanted to leave you a comment....

Those dishes are super. And the fact they've been displayed since you were a youngster is just awesome. Treasure them!!!!

Martha said...

Welcome to S&T! I love your plates. I am sure you miss your grandma; but neat that you have memoires of her aroundyou.

Have a great weekend.
~Jane

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful gift that you'll be able to treasure and remember your grandmother by. Welcome to show and tell...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/show-and-tell-friday-christmas-table/

Mary said...

The plates are awesome and so much more special because they were given to you by your beloved Grandma. My show and tell this week is also a plate my grandmother gave to me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

nannykim said...

Those are so pretty--and it is always so wonderful to have things passed down or given to us by loved ones....things that evoke warm memories. So many , do not have this blessing.

Mommy said...

Those plates are beautiful. Your Grandma's personality comes through those plates. :)

Mommy said...

Those are lovely! I can tell your Grandma's personality comes through those plates. :)

Kelli said...

What wonderful and beautiful treasures!! Welcome to show and tell!

Kelli