Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Meme

Here's a fun Christmas meme:



Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Gift bags can be really cute, but they aren't as much fun to open!

Real tree or artificial? We've done both. We had an artificial tree for about ten years, but this year we got a real one and I like it a lot. It smells so good!

When do you put up the tree? About a week after Thanksgiving

When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Year's

Favorite holiday theme? Victorian Christmas! I love pink, lacy ornaments

Favorite gift received as a child? My Samantha American Girl doll. I wanted her for years and my parents surprised me with her for Christmas when I was eight.

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I picked it out when I was about five and we still put it up every year.

Hardest person to buy for? Definitely my mom

Easiest person to buy for? My sister is pretty easy to shop for

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm....I've gotten some clothes I didn't care for before, but I don't think that falls under "worst present ever"

Mail or email cards? Mail cards! Sometimes I send emails, too, but always mail cards!

Favorite Christmas movie? It's A Wonderful Life (this is waiting for me at the library right now!) and A Christmas Carol

When do you start shopping for Christmas? First week of December. It just doesn't feel like I'm shopping for Christmas any earlier.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything? :) No, my favorite is those chocolate oranges that you whack on the table and they fall apart into segments like a real orange. I get a dark chocolate one in my stocking every year.

White lights or colored on the tree? Colored lights.

Favorite Christmas song? Now that's just too hard. Top Five: O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know?, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, Silver Bells, Sleighride

Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Complicated. Now, we stay home. Used to, we traveled 600 miles to our hometown. When we still lived there, we split the day in half between my mom's family and my dad's family

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen.....Rudolph!

Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. I can never find a star I really like.

Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? My sister and I open our presents to each other on Christmas Eve. Everything else is for Christmas!!!!

Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic. TRAFFIC. TRAFFIC!!!!

What I love most about Christmas? I love the decorations, the lights, the music, but most of all I love the celebration that Jesus Christ was born. "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord"

Let me know if you play along, I'd love to see your answers so consider yourself "tagged" if you're reading this!

No comments: