Monday, December 10, 2007

Colds and Computers

This was not a fun weekend. In fact, it was a really, really aggravating one. Saturday, I went to Walmart. It was sprinkling a little and the air was chilly. My cold started to come back by that evening. I am going to have to make a serious effort not to go out in the rain the least bit from now on. To make things worse, I started trying to make a photo calender for a Christmas gift Saturday night. Everything was going fine, all the birthdays were marked, and a few pictures were put in place. Then, my computer froze. I restarted it, signed online again, and went back to the calender page. It wouldn't load. I deleted temporary Internet files and cookies, restarted the computer several times, but nothing would make that calender software load again. So, I called the help phone number. Their advice was to keep deleting temporary files. I shut down the computer and left it until the next day. Sunday morning, it was way too foggy and rainy to go to church. My cold was so bad by now that I couldn't have gone anyway. That afternoon, I tried to work on the calenders again because they were on sale through today only. The computer froze..and froze..and froze and still refused to load the calender page. I called the help number again. This person informed me that the problem was my computer -- my version of Windows was no longer compatible with their software. I wish somebody had told me that before I worked on it for hours with a miserable head cold. So, today, we went to the library and I spent two hours working on a photo calender from their computer. All I can say is, everybody had better enjoy that calender!!!!

No comments: