Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just a few ramblings.......

I don't have anything in particular to post about today. I've been a little bit lazy this week (getting over a bad cold is always an excuse for me to be lazy), but I have managed to get some writing done and a new drawing finished. We bought the Christmas cards this week. I signed them all two days ago, but I haven't addressed them yet. I think I will spend this afternoon doing that. We went out shopping a few times this week also and the weather was actually almost warm! I want to go to a craft store and the fabric store sometime. Even though I keep receiving all these sales flyers from Joann's and Hancock's, so far I just haven't gone.

I have seen a few good movies in the last week. One was The Polar Express. I love that movie. We went to see it in 3D when it was at the theatre. Now that was really cool -- especially when the train was going down the 79 degree grade. It was like a roller coaster! Another was an old movie with Jimmy Stewart, The Shop Around The Corner. I saw this on TCM for the first time a couple of years ago and it has become a favorite since. It is about a man and woman (Jimmy Stewart and I-can't-remember-her-name) who have been exchanging letters anonymously for sometime. Come to find out, they work in the same gift shop and fight all the time. It's a really nice old movie. I also like A Charlie Brown Christmas. I always feel sorry for the poor little tree, too!

I checked out a few Christmas books from the library, too. I enjoy reading Christmas short stories a lot. I began A Christmas Carol this week. One book of short stories in particular is very good. It contains Christmas chapters from different books, such as The Pickwick Papers, Christmas on Plum Creek, and Little Women.

No comments: