Monday, January 7, 2008

Springtime in January

The weather was so nice today. It was actually warm with just a little bit of a cool breeze. I spent this morning working on some new drawings, but after lunch I had to go for a walk. I had put Princess outside to play for the first time in a long time. When I went out to walk, she was so happy and excited that I got her leash out and took her with me. During the summer, she hates to go for a walk worse than anything, but she practically begged to go today. It was so nice to be outside for a change.

I enjoyed working at my new drafting table a lot. It was great to have all my art supplies organized, right at my reach, and to be able to see my drawing and my reference photo at one time. The desk lamp has been an aggravating issue. I got one kind of lamp to go with the desk for Christmas, but when my dad helped me put it on, there was no way it would work. This kind of desk lamp comes with a clamp that attaches to the table and then you set the lamp into the clamp. What it doesn't have is a way for the lamp to stay in the clamp. It swung around and crashed into the wall on one side, then swung forward and fell out. The manufacturer didn't provide instructions, either. We tried several times to make it work, but it was just impossible. We took it back to the store this week and I picked another one with a built-in magnifying glass. This one is a lot sturdier than the other, but any sudden movements near it will send the lamp swinging into the wall. Oh well. The light works, that's the important thing.

I'm also trying to finish Persuasion before the movie debuts next week. I like the story a lot and can't wait to see the movie. The old version with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds really needed an update.

No comments: