Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cranford

I have to say, I really enjoyed this movie. It was better than the new Jane Austen movies. Watching it in three parts was rather annoying. I missed the first ten minutes of the first part, so had to figure out why Mary was staying with the two old ladies, and I was a little confused at first with the story here, the story there, the story at the estate. Everything moved around a lot, but I got used to it. It was neat to see so many characters from other favorite movies come back in this one. The main young man in this movie was Mr. Bingley in the 2005 Pride and Prejudice. I liked him a hundred times better in Cranford. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare how they stayed with the story or added to it, but I really enjoyed so many of the characters and the stories that wound throughout their lives. Now, this was a sad movie. There are several very sad deaths and just -- sad moments. I cried twice during the last part. I think it is a good thing when a movie can make you cry in the sad moments, though. That means it has really captured what the character is going through and made you feel it, too. So, I thought the movie was very good. I can't wait to see it again -- with the additional thirty minutes on the DVD!

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

I'm so glad you liked it. :)
I know what parts you're talking about...like the part about Miss Mattie and Mr.Holbrook! I was SO upset!
How about when all of the towns
ladies were all coming out at Dr.Harrison , I wanted to scream!

emme said...

Hmmm...I haven't seen this one yet, but it sounds interesting! ☺

~Emily