Friday, June 6, 2008

Right now I'm posting from........

My brand new laptop!! Thursday, I decided to draw some money from my savings and purchase a very long-wanted laptop. I had to stop by three stores before I made up my mind which one I wanted, but I finally made up my indecisive mind and brought home a beautiful, wide screen, HP laptop. Then the real fun began. My original plan had been to wait a few weeks to purchase the wireless router, but in the store, it made more sense to go ahead and buy it. It made sense until I got it home. The guy at the computer store had told me they would come set it up for me for $300. I thought that for the sake of $300 I could figure it out myself. Let's just say yesterday goes down in history as one of the most stressful days of my life. Though I called every help line, and read every instruction, I could not figure out how to connect the router so that our desktop and my laptop would both have Internet. I was almost hysterical at some points. Thankfully, a guy from our church found out I was having such a hard time and offered to come over and set it up for me. Now, my laptop is up and running -- with Internet!! Yay!!!

I can't wait to get more accessories to go with it. I have always wanted Photoshop, so that will definitely be something to get soon, but I also need a memory stick to save my files on, a carrying case, maybe a printer...........

Anyway, for now I'm just excited to be using my very first laptop!

1 comment:

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Wow, I'm so happy for you!!! I hope you get all of the accessories you want for it. My Grandmother just bought a laptop too....let's just say it was a need, her old computer wasn't even sending emails anymore! ;) Now you have to take a picture of you with your new toy for us to see! :)