Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back home.........

We are back home again. It was a tiring trip. We never stayed in one place for more than an hour as soon as we got there, or at least, it seemed that way. It was sad to go to the funeral for my uncle, but there was comfort in knowing that he wasn't suffering anymore. During the service, the preacher talked about how he had tried several times over the years to talk about the Lord with my uncle, but he would change the subject and seem uncomfortable. It wasn't until a few years ago, when his sickness was growing worse, that the preacherr tried to talk to him about salvation and he was interested. He said that he prayed with him and saw a definite change in his life after that conversation. That was certainly something to be thankful for.



It's hard to watch people suffer. I hadn't seen this uncle as much as I should have all these years that he has been sick, but I remember him years ago when he was well. Looking at the pictures at the funeral, it was hard to see how much the sickness changed him over his life. It made me remember my grandma, too. She was sick for so many years before she died and suffered so much. And now, my grandpa is not doing well either.



Funerals are always sad, but they make me think about Heaven. My grandma can walk and run and see now. And my uncle is well, too. In Heaven, there will be no more sickness, no tears, no sadness, or pain.



I can only imagine What it will be like

When I walk By your side

I can only imagine What my eyes will see

When your face Is before me I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still

Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall

Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all I can only imagine

I can only imagine When that day comes And I find myself Standing in the Son

I can only imagine When all I will do Is forever Forever worship You

I can only imagine

I can only imagine When all I will do Is forever, forever worship you

No comments: