Monday, January 19, 2009

It is COLD outside

The weather around here has been cold. Really cold. Temperatures during the day have been in the teens and when I went to work a few mornings ago, the thermometer said 6 degrees. We haven't had a lot of snow, though, just a few snow showers that leave about an inch of snow on the ground. Anyway, today is one of those days when I just want to bake cookies and stay inside all day. Maybe watch an old movie or read a book. Unfortunately, I have school work to catch up on and I have to work from this afternoon till late tonight.

Being tennis fans, we've begun to tune into the first rounds of the Australian Open. It is so strange to think that while it's too cold here to stir outdoors without four layers of clothing, on the other side of the world the temperatures are so hot that the tennis players can hardly bear it. I'm ready for sunshine and summertime on this side of the globe.

No comments: