Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Amanda and Shane's Wedding

My cousin got married this weekend. She and Shane met when they were sixteen and have been dating for six years. And last Saturday, they got married.
My cousin Kristen and I were honorary bridesmaids. (See last pic. Somehow these pictures posted completely backwards.) She asked us to wear formal black dresses. I knew immediately which one I wanted. Kristen had to search for a while to find one she liked and ended up in polka dots.

All her bridesmaids wore clover green with bright pink sashes and carried bright pink flowers. It was a long day. Kristen and I got to the church at one. We took pictures until the wedding began at four. Then the wedding was about half an hour long. Then they took pictures for another hour and a half while the guests waited at the reception.


Finally, we got to the reception, the bridal party was announced, and we got to eat. It was the first time I had eaten all day, except for a quick snack on the way to the church! My mom had been worried she wouldn't be able to go, but she did really well through the ceremony and reception.



It was a fairly emotional day, too, of course. She's my first younger cousin to get married. And even had all had plenty of time to get used to the idea of them getting married, it still brought back memories of her going to Grandma's with her hair in a braid and singing off-key duets with her. Yeah, I teared up. :)


But I know she's happy. And that's the important thing. And we're all happy for her.










No comments: