Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Busy Day

The day before we leave is always so busy. No matter how much we plan in advance, it always seems like we have a hundred things left to do that last day. The first thing we did was return those library books I forgot yesterday. Then we went to get the oil changed and from there to another department store so I could look for a shirt while they were on sale. I got one that is so pretty -- one of my favorite colors, dark blue, and dressy enough for church. After that, we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and came home. Since then, I've been busy cleaning. I always like to give my room a really good dusting and vacuuming before we leave and then I decided that while I was at it I might as well put away my spring stuff and clean out my dresser.


This is my pink pansy quilt. I'm kind of tired of it, but it goes with the other colors in my room, so I haven't changed it. My hair's looking kind of frizzy in this picture.......:)
Here's one shelf I had to dust. The little figurines are the last things my Grandma gave me before she died.
My dresser is cleaned off!
I decided to polish and organize my shoes, too!
When I finally finished cleaning, I began packing. I'm pretty quick at this. I've had lots of practice since we've been living away from our hometown for eight years and going back to visit about every three months. Sometimes, I even wait until I wake up the morning we're leaving to pack. I thought I'd go ahead and get some of it done today, though. All I have left to do tomorrow is pack up my makeup, hair styling stuff, and some books. Speaking of which, I should probably go get all the books I want to take right now and put them on the table so I don't forget any when I'm half asleep tomorrow morning at six.




No comments: