Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's been one of those days...

I had my whole day planned out: we were going to go to JC Penney early because they have a sale going on, then come back in plenty of time for me to leave for the art lesson I had to reschedule for today since we're going to be out of town next week. On the way to my lesson, I was going to drop some books off at the library, thus ensuring we would not accumulate any fines during vacation (I can't even count how many time that's happened). It really seems like you should never try to plan things exactly to suit your own ideas. I don't think it's worked for me yet. We did go to JC Penney, but even though I tried on approximately twenty shirts, I couldn't find any that I really liked. All I wanted was one or two new shirts in fall colors with longer sleeves while they were on sale, but I couldn't find any that I liked enough to buy. I found a couple that were okay, but I decided I'd have to go to another store to look before I bought anything. After we left, we had three stops before we ever got home. Once we were there, I went through all the library books that would be due and stacked them neatly for me to take when I left and got all my art supplies ready for my lesson. My mom told me she wanted me to stop by the grocery store on the way home and pick up a couple of things. So, I get in the car when it's time to leave and begin my drive. I was well on my way when I realized I'd forgotten the library books. That's great. Now we have to drive fifteen miles to the library tomorrow. As soon as I had gotten over being totally annoyed with myself for that, I realized I was following a really slow line of traffic led by some kind of farm equipment. That added an extra ten minutes to my drive and I drove up in my teacher's driveway with just three minutes to spare. Art lessons were pretty uneventful. At least it wasn't a repeat of last week when I backed off of the driveway and almost went into the ditch. When I left I stopped by the grocery store and picked up what I needed. After driving through heavy traffic for twenty minutes, I made the last turn before our house. Only half a mile from home is a train track and the train was coming. Not coming, but creeping by until it came to a stop. It just sat there, not going anywhere, until cars started turning around. I tried to wait for it to move because I was so close to home, but finally I turned around and had to drive for another fifteen minutes through heavy traffic to go home another way. I really needed a chocolate candy bar when I finally got home.

No comments: