Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pride and Prejudice

Yesterday, we decided to watch all six hours of A&E's Pride and Prejudice. I had been wanting to see it again for a while and it was a good day for it because I didn't have anything in particular that I needed to do.


There was a new version of Pride and Prejudice made last year, with Keira Knightly playing the lead as Elizabeth Bennet. Most people that I know prefer the A&E version. I do too, but I don't dislike the Keira version. She did a good job as Elizabeth. The main reason I prefer the A&E version is that it's just plain prettier. The dresses are prettier, the music is prettier, the houses are prettier, and everything in general is more elegant. In the Keira version, the ladies' hair always looks like it's falling out of place, the windows are dirty, the yards are muddy, and the dresses are a lot plainer. I'm sure it's meant to emphasize the way things "really" were back then, but I like to see everything look neat. So, this is another one of my favorite movies! Everyone should watch one or both of the two versions. Each is unique in their own way and both are good.



No comments: