Monday, October 29, 2007

Rambling Thoughts

I'm a little stressed in the last attempts to get all my artwork ready for the art show two weeks from now. I have drawn eleven new pieces this year, most of them in the last three months. The newer pieces all need touching up so I work on them in my spare time. I'm also trying different frames and mat boards on all of them constantly to see which looks the best.

One of my new projects is a website. I finally found a place online that hosts websites for free, so I have been working for over a week to put one together for my artwork. On one hand, it's fairly easy, because all I have to do is choose a template and upload photos to my site, but on the other hand, it's a LOT of work and very time-consuming. I have most of the main photos in place now, so I think I should have it finished in a few days.

I tried to bake bread from scratch this morning. My mom brought out her bread machine this weekend and made a few loaves in it, so I thought I would try a recipe for whole wheat bread. I used Martha Stewart's recipe. It needed quite a few ingredients, but I got everything ready and attempted it this morning. I made the dough and set it to rise. When I took it out to knead it, I realized I had mixed up the kneading instructions and done the "rising" and "kneading" in the wrong order, but I repaired the mistake as best I could and put the two loaves in the oven. When I finally took them out, they looked okay, but somehow, not quite right. It wasn't until I waited for them to cool, cut myself a slice, and tasted it that I realized my mistake -- I had been so busy measuring three kinds of flour that I forgot the salt! Oh, well. If I put a lot of peanut butter on it I probably won't notice how tasteless it is.

No comments: