Friday, October 26, 2007

Brownies From A Box

Yesterday, I made some brownies from a box mix. I bake lots of things from scratch, cookies in particular, but now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever made brownies from scratch. I'll have to try it sometime and see which I prefer. I actually like blueberry muffins from a box mix better than home-made. The mix is just lighter and fluffier, in my opinion. :)

Anyway, here's step 1: Stirring the dry mix, oil, water, and eggs together. This step is also a reminder that even box mixes can be messed up. Once when I made brownies, I didn't notice that it clearly says "stir 50 times" and used a hand mixer. Big mistake! Those brownies turned out so tough that they could have been used as a substitute for rubber. Now, I stir, no matter how long it takes to get all that dry mix incorporated.
Step 2: spread evenly in pan. Finished brownies! Always wait for brownies to cool completely before you take them out of the pan, because they will crumble. These brownies turned out pretty good. They were a dark chocolate flavor, which I really liked, only next time I think I'll make them "cake-like" instead of "fudge-like" so they will be just a little fluffier.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Mmm...brownies! Yummy! I have made brownies from scratch once, and I didn't like them very well! The boxed ones are good!

Actually, I have a non-chocolate recipe for brownies that I've used quite a few times. But for the chocolate brownies, it's boxed!

Mrs. Anna T said...

I always make brownies from scratch and the recipe is a family favorite. I think it's on my blog in the "kitchen" section, but if it isn't, feel free to email me and I'll gladly share the recipe with you!

Mandy said...

Thanks, Anna, I found the recipe on your blog! I'll have to try it next time I want to make brownies!