Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Scrapbooking Again

I've decided to try to finish my scrapbook. I started it three years ago, worked on it for a while, and then gave up on it. It's totally unlike me to give up on a project, but I gave up on that one. I didn't know exactly how to construct scrapbook pages, which was completely frustrating, and all the how-to books were waaaay too complicated with die-cuts, rubber stamps, pop-up pages, origami, embossing tools, and transferring images from photos to paper. Their pages looked really cool, but I didn't want to put that kind of time and money into a scrapbook page. I still made about five pages using my own ideas, but it was so much trouble to search through all of my mom's photo albums to find old pictures, make copies of them, buy papers and stickers that coordinated with both pictures and album and put them altogether that I finally just quit. I still kept saving lots of little things in case I ever finished my scrapbook and I took them out last week to look at them. I have lots of programs, invitations, and pictures from my high school graduation that I would love to use and I've collected all kinds of things from the tennis tournament we go to every year that would make a great page. I also discovered that I copied lots of pictures that I never used and besides that I now have lots of digital prints to work with. So I decided to get my scrapbook back out and start making plans. Most of my pages with family pictures are finished, but I want to make pages for my graduation, tennis tournaments, piano music, and artwork. The great thing is that I already have most of what I need. All I have to do is buy few new supplies before I can get started. My birthday is Friday, so I told my mom I wanted to pick out the other things I need from the arts and crafts store for part of my present. I love having something new to work on, even if it is just finishing an old project.

No comments: