Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

As I mentioned earlier, the drive through the mountains was absolutely beautiful. I am certain I have never seen the leaves turn such brilliant colors.
In some places, like here, the mountains were all red and oramge. Just stunning.
On Thanksgiving Day, my dad, Gabrielle and I went to my aunt's house for dinner. My mom had to stay behind at Grandpa's house because she was cooking a Thanksgiving supper for her side of the family. So, after eating a great dinner at my aunt's house, we went back to Grandpa's and ate another really large, really delicious meal. Saturday night, we also had a Thanksgiving dinner with our church. It is nice to be able to go back home for Thanksgiving. We don't travel back for Christmas anymore -- the holidays are too close together and it's so much trouble to deal with packing presents -- but I enjoy being able to spend Thanksgiving with all of our family members and the friends from our home church.


For the first time in my life, I went Day-After-Thanksgiving shopping! My mom has three sisters, so they, their daughters, my mom, sister, and I went to a big mall shopping. Nobody really got any shopping done, but it was fun to go out and look around. The mall had great decorations in it, too. The mall here hardly puts up any decorations. There was a big crowd, of course, but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be -- unless you wanted to buy something. Then the lines stretched for what seemed like miles. :) So, even though it was fun, it's really more practical to wait for another day to get real shopping done, for me, anyway.

No comments: