Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today I...

This morning, my mom and I went to vote. I don't think every state is holding elections today, but our state is voting for governor and a few other offices. I didn't get to vote in the last presidential election, even though had turned eighteen and was registered. November 2004, I was back in my home state in an ICU waiting room because my grandpa had had major complications following open heart surgery. I look forward to being able to cast my vote for President next year, though.



After voting, we stopped by Walgreens so I could pick up some photos. I tried to scan an older photo to make a copy of it, but the scanner wasn't working correctly, so I gave up on that. I need just a few more prints to finish my scrapbook! Then we went to the grocery store, and then to the library to pick up a few books for my sister. I'm reading a biography of Charlotte Bronte right now that is actually pretty interesting. I need to check out a few a few more books soon. I've been making list of a few I want to read.



I baked a frozen pizza for lunch when we came home and then decided to give baking bread another try. I love whole wheat bread. In fact, now that I'm used to it, I don't like white bread anymore. I thought I would make things easier for myself and used a recipe from my mom's bread machine cook book. All I had to do was pour the ingredients in the machine in the order they were written and turn it on. I think I still managed to make a few mistakes, though. I didn't have quite enough honey in the jar to fill the measuring cup and I added a little too much salt, so I'm not sure if this loaf will turn out any good either. Making my own bread is turning out to be as annoying as making my own pie crusts. I have got so many stories about the dumb mistakes I've made attempting those, but that's another post.

Anyway, I have to leave for art class in an hour and when I come back, I hope I will be able to work on my scrapbook and read for a while. Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Baking, especially with yeast, didn't come without a few kitchen disasters for me either. Don't worry - practice makes perfect! :)