Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Decorations

I feel a lot better today. When I woke up this morning, I still didn't feel good, but by this afternoon I was much better. Hopefully I will be completely well tomorrow because my sister really wants to go Christmas shopping. :)
We finished getting the house decorated this weekend. I love to set up all the decorations and see the tree light up. For the first time in ten years, we have a live tree! Last year, we threw away our artificial tree. It was about ten years old and was beginning to look worn out. There is a Christmas tree lot just down the road from our house, so we stopped by there last week and picked out a tree. I was surprised at how much I like having a real one. It was definitely a lot easier to set up than our old artificial one that I had to put together one branch at a time. Anyway, we put the lights and all of our ornaments on the tree. Some are store bought, some are handmade, and some are hand-painted. It's a pretty and interesting combination!
This is our nativity scene. I remember picking it out in the store when I was about five years old.
This is our piano and all the little figurines on top. Some are gifts from both my grandmas and from my Aunt Sherry. My favorites are the little bears on the front row holding up a present and a Christmas tree.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go, but the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be on your own front door!"

No comments: