Saturday, January 26, 2008

Baking cookies

I decided to bake some peanut butter cookies this afternoon. I found a recipe online a few years ago and it has become one of our favorites. My mom even likes these cookies and she doesn't like peanut butter cookies in general! They are so simple to make and require just a few basic ingredients. That's another reason why I like to make these cookies -- I can always be sure of finding everything I need in the cabinet and not have to worry if we have enough butter, etc.

Simply combine the flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl. Cream the peanut butter, sugars, shortening, and egg in another bowl. When they are combined, stir the flour in gradually. I don't even have to mix it anymore!!
I always line the baking sheets with parchment or wax paper. It saves me the trouble of greasing the pan and scrubbing it later. Roll the dough into balls about 3/4 inch, then flatten with a fork. I like to keep these cookies pretty small. They cook faster and make more that way. Finished!! My favorite way to eat these is fresh from the oven, when they are really hot. :)

No comments: