Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Healthy Eating, Exercising...It isn't fun

One of my goals for this year was to start eating healthier. I hoped I would be able to make a lot of changes right away and stick to them. Well.....things haven't gone quite as planned. I am incorporating little things again into my daily habits. I only drank one Dr. Pepper last weekend (compared to my usual 3-4) and I have been choosing healthy sandwiches for lunch. I still haven't curbed my craving for sweet stuff. Of all the challenges in the healthy eating/dieting world, that is the hardest one for me. I love sweets. One thing I really want to do is cut back on the sugar. Another thing I want to do is start drinking green tea again (unsweetened). So that's what I want to work on for the next week or two.

I have managed to make exercise part of my everyday routine again. During warm weather, I exercise everyday, go for long walks, play tennis -- stay pretty active in general. When the weather is cold, though, I don't want to do any of it. I even hate working out on my home gym during winter. It's ridiculous, I know, to use cold weather as an excuse not to work out indoors, but I just really don't like it. So, I had to make up my mind at the first of the year that I was going to exercise everyday and I have kept it up pretty well. I checked out some exercise DVDs from the library and I have started lifting light weights on my gym again. It's still not fun, but it's not anywhere as bad as I try to make myself believe it is. Anybody else trying to eat right and exercise this year?

1 comment:

TJ said...

I use sparkpeople.com
It's free and there is great support there. Plus food and exercise ideas and tracking which really helped me after having my son.

Good luck!