Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Long Weekend

This weekend was not so fun. My mom got sick last week and Friday, my last day of work for the week, I started to feel bad, too. When I left work, I was really miserable. Thankfully, this was my weekend off, so I was able to rest and recuperate. By the time I had to go back to work on Monday, I felt a lot better. Yesterday, we had a really bad winter storm. I had to be at work early and the roads were slushy, the ground was snowy, and it was pouring rain. I thought it was going to be such a waste of time for the store to even be open. Who would go shopping on a day like that? Well, you would be surprised at the number of people who did. Everybody who came through my line were saying they had a snow day off from work/school so they decided to come shopping! I'm off from work again today and the weather is much better. There is a light snow falling and the ground is pretty much covered. It's not quite a "perfect" snow because it's not heavy enough to cover up all the grass, but it is still really pretty to see when I look outside. This is the first snow we've had all year that has actually covered the ground and lasted for more than two hours. I'm going to take some pictures this afternoon and post them. My dog absolutely loves snow. When I let her outside she runs and jumps like a puppy and stops every five seconds to eat some. I think it is her equivalent of ice cream. :)

No comments: