Monday, March 3, 2008

Finally!!!!!!!!!

I finally went to the fabric store today and bought filling and backing for the quilt top I completed last year. It is meant to be spring quilt, so I really want to have it done by April. I might have mentioned before that I'm planning to do a quilting series here. That is slightly postponed because I haven't chosen all the fabrics for the pattern yet, but I'm still planning to do it. I may even start it up soon with a few quilting basics/thoughts/tips.

Also, I have finally gotten my photos organized this weekend! The only bad thing about taking lots of photographs was that I had nowhere to put them when I got them developed. Until now, I was just stacking the photo envelopes in a shoe box. My first purchase at the place I work was a photo album. People had been coming through my line all day with dozens of albums each, so I knew they were on a good sale. I picked one that would hold 300 pictures. I think I have more like 500 pictures, but as I have sorted and organized my photos, I have managed to select 300 that will go in this book. Now, I need 2-3 more albums. One for old pictures that I have reprinted, one for my reference photos, and one for all the pictures that I am sure I will end up taking this year. The first two can wait, because I haven't accumulated a big collection of them yet, but I would like to go ahead and get a 2008 album so I don't get behind with storing my pictures again. I have a list of so many pictures to develop. My aunt took lots of pictures of our family at Christmas and I want to have copies of all of them made. We have three one-time use cameras and a zip-lock bag with dozens of rolls of film in it that I want to start working through one by one. Pictures are so important to me. Even if it is an aggravation to sort them all, the end result of an organized album full of memories is worth it.

4 comments:

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

I would LOVE some quilting tips! Quilting is something I have always wanted to learn about! My Mom and I started a wall hanging quilt , and that turned into a disaster. You know , one of those projects that you pull out from the back of a drawer , look at it , and then promptly shove it back in - LOL!
Dad bought a new swing machine for Mom this year , so hopefully that will help .

Mandy said...

I'm excited to know you're interested!! I love to quilt. :)

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

I meant sewing machine , not "swing machine". Mom and I don't usually go around the house swinging it!!! :)

Mandy said...

LOL :)