Saturday, June 14, 2008

I've been tagged!!!

Kaitlyn Michele tagged me for this fun meme about authors!! I had so much fun reading her answers. Now, I'm going to have to think hard.......

Who is your all-time favorite author and why?
That is such a hard one. I love so many authors. I think I have to say Charles Dickens is my favorite author. His stories can sometimes be sad, but I love the intricate plots, the complicated characters, the historical context, and the bittersweet realities of life that his stories combine.


Who was your first favorite author and why? Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?
No contest. Laura Ingalls Wilder was my very favorite author for years. I've probably read the entire Little House series twenty times. Laura seemed so much like me, even though she lived 150 years ago in a little log cabin on the prairie. She is definitely still among my favorite authors.


Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
I'm a little torn here. Technically, it should be Wilkie Collins, because I just read The Woman in White and thought it was fabulous, but since I haven't read any of his other works, I can't count him as my newest favorite author. Elizabeth Gaskell fits here, I think. I first read Wives and Daughters last year, and since then have read several of her other works. They are all so good. She is definitely on my list of favorites forever.


If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Charlotte Bronte, Sir Walter Scott

Most of the bloggers I read have been tagged already, so I can only tag one blog:
Elizabeth at http://www.twentythreeandsoaring.blogspot.com/


Rules
Link to the person that tagged you.
Post the rules somewhere in your meme.
Answer the questions.
Tag people in your post.
Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know your entry is posted.

3 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

Oh, I hope to read Wives and Daughters soon- it just looks so daunting! :)

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Thanks for playing Mandy, I loved reading you're answers. I have to find "The Woman in White", now that you talk so highly about it. :)
Also, I am going to give E. Gaskell's works at try too. :)

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for tagging me, Mandy! I did the meme. It was fun! :->