Sunday, July 20, 2008

One More Week Until Vacation.........

Vacation is almost here! It starts next Saturday. I can't believe August is practically here already. We are going to go to the tennis tournament again on Monday and Tuesday of that week. It will be nice, especially since this may be the last year we'll live close enough to go to it. Then, I have to work Wednesday and Thursday. :( But, that Friday, we are going to pick up my Aunt Sherry (it's a nine hour drive to her house, so we're going to meet her halfway) and she is going to stay with us for a week. Well, my dad's sister called him last week. She and her husband are going to be vacationing just a few hours from us, so they are going swing by and visit us for two or three days the same week Aunt Sherry is here. Whew! It's going to be a pretty busy vacation. And, because I didn't think my job would let me have two straight weeks off -- well, they would have, but we aren't sure when we're going back to our home state to visit, so I want to save my full week off for then -- I left hours available for me to work a couple of evenings that week. I'm going to need a vacation to recover from vacation. It will be lots of fun, though

We have lived here for nine years now, and Aunt Sherry has come up every year to stay with us. That always means two things for sure -- eating out and shopping. :) We try to find interesting places to visit, too. For a couple of years, we've gone to the aquarium and last year we went to the Creation Museum, so now, we're trying to come up with a new idea. Unless it cools down considerably, the zoo is out of the question, as well as anything else that requires a lot of walking outdoors. We also watch a lot of girly movies. She didn't get to see Cranford when it came on PBS, so if I can find it at the library, that will definitely be on the list. Also, North and South. We tried to watch that last year, but someone checked it out from the library and did not turn it back in the entire week she was here. I would like to watch Bleak House, but it is soooo long that it's not really practical for the time frame we would have to squeeze it in.

So, I'm looking forward to next week. And the only day I have off before then to get my room cleaned up is Wednesday. I don't know if that's doable or not. :)

2 comments:

emme said...

Sounds extra busy...but so much fun!

~Emily

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

I hope you have a great time...any time you can shop with family is always fun! :)