Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stressful Day

Right now, I am sitting in the recliner with my laptop, a glass of lemonade, and feeling somewhat relaxed. Maybe my headache will go away eventually. Today was a long day.

It started out stressful, because I knew I was going to have to rework all the vacation days I had put in for at work. The day after I put in for them, we decided to change them. So, I left a few minutes early so I would have time to work on my schedule before I clocked in. I hadn't got half a mile from home when I came to a stoplight. Traffic was heavy because of rush hour, so I didn't plow ahead when the light turned yellow, but stopped. There was a van behind me. The driver of the van started blowing his horn and waving his hands at me. I was thinking, "How rude!" He kept blowing the horn and waving and the passenger beside him was trying to get my attention, too. I was frowning at them in the rearview mirror, amazed that the people were so mad that I had stopped at a yellow light. Finally, it dawned on me that they weren't mad, but trying to tell me something, so I rolled down my window and looked back at them. He rolled down his window, too, and yelled, "YOU HAVE A FLAT TIRE!!"

I looked down at the tire. It was flat as a pancake. I yelled, "Thank you!!" back and felt bad for thinking they were roadrager-s. I called my mom and she called my dad to go change my tire. I pulled over at a gas station and waited. It took a long time for him to get there because of the traffic, but he got there and changed the tire. Then he told me to go back home so my mom could drive me to work so she could get the tire fixed.

I finally got to work 45 minutes late and out of sorts. Then, the work day annoyed me. Time seemed to stand still. There would be twenty minute breaks between customers and I would have nothing to do. People were annoying me like crazy. It took forever for me to straighten out my schedule. When I got home, there was insurance paperwork waiting for me in the mailbox and it took three tries to log on to the Internet. So, today has not been fun. Not by a long shot. When my headache goes away, I'll be able to be see that it wasn't that bad. I had the flat tire only half a mile from home. Some people were nice enough to go through a lot of trouble to tell me about it. Otherwise, I would have driven all the way across town and never noticed it until I was ready to go home at 4:30. My dad was able to come right away and fix the tire. So, I should still be grateful for the way things turned out, and I am. Right now, I just need to relax for a while. :)

1 comment:

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Wow- I know what you mean! Although my day wasn't that stressful, it was more like a couple of little things that set me off.

First Mom and I are looking for new bathing suits, and I don't know if it's just me, or is $80 a LOT of money for a modest 2 piece bathing suit? :) Because I can only find exactly what I want, with a hefty price tag.

Then I went to make eggs, (I know this is going to sound ridiculous) but they didn't turn out right, they were mushy and so was the toast. Ugh!

So I know exactly what you mean, when I told Mom what was annoying me, it sounded a LOT more simple explained. Thank Goodness for blogs for sometimes being "venting places". LOL!