Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here's how behind the times I am........

I burned my first CD on my new computer this week! It was so simple -- I just put the CD in, opened my picture viewer and pressed the "burn" button. Now, at least a few of my hundreds of pictures are safely stored on CD. I have a lot more to do, but at least I know how.

Now that I have a good computer and better picture editing software, I hope I can finally put a website together. I have one already, but because it's almost impossible to take a good picture of a square drawing, all the photos look lopsided or have a glare on them. So, I hope I'll be able to get some decent pictures of my drawings and put a website together.

I'm also, after sooooo many years of writing with barely legible cursive in five-subject notebooks, finally typing my novel out. It's so exciting to be able to choose the fonts and see the pages laid out like pages from a real book. Even if no one else ever sees it, if I can just get all typed out and printed for myself, it will feel like an accomplishment.

So, after weeks of complete aggravation trying to get this new computer set up, I am finally beginning to really enjoy it!!

3 comments:

emme said...

Sounds like fun! There's nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment you get when you can see your short story or novel all neatly typed up...☺

~Emily

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

That's great! Isn't it such a secure feeling to have all of your favorite pictures safe on a cd?

Elisabeth said...

"I'm also, after sooooo many years of writing with barely legible cursive in five-subject notebooks, finally typing my novel out. It's so exciting ..."

Yes, yes, yes! :) It's so exciting writing a book and typing it into the computer and seeing it "come to life" in print! I love it! :)