Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Presidential Candidates

"I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's. I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency; for its faith in the wisdom, justice and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again. I wasn't my own man anymore. I was my country's.


I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need. My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God. "


John McCain


I didn't think I could support John McCain as a presidential candidate. At least, I couldn't support him wholeheartedly. I didn't think my viewpoints and his were going to coincide. The more I listen to him, though, the more I like him. His speech at the RNC really showed a lot about him. He suffered for this country. He loves this country. Even though all of his policies aren't what I'd like them to be, sincerely loving this country as he does is something you rarely see and is valuable. When I heard that he had chose a woman for his running mate, I kind of thought he was just trying to gain popularity. But when I heard Sarah Palin speak, I was like, "Wow!" She stepped onstage and told everone what she'd done and what she wanted to do. She had a great personality and was a skilled speaker.


"But here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people."


Sarah Palin


I really appreciate her conservative viewpoints and her "will-do" attitude. What do I think about a female VP? Carolyn McCulley has interesting post about that here. It's a lot to think about.

No comments: