Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Well, yesterday I turned 23 years old. It chokes me to say that. :) Twenty-one and twenty-two didn't feel old, but 23 feels old. I'm really, definitely, officially not a kid anymore. Not even a teenager. Bordering on mid-twenties. Ouch.
When I was a teenager, I thought my life would be different by the time I was twenty-three than it has turned out to be. I'm just getting started with work, with college....I feel sort of like I'm running to catch up. I'm enjoying life right now, though, and enjoying being a student. Hopefully, when I finish this program it will open up some doors for me for a good job. Anyway, I am starting 23 feeling more hopeful than discouraged, even though the number is a little hard to swallow.
I had a really good birthday weekend, though. For starters, it was my weekend off! That was reason to be happy by itself. On Saturday, we went shopping. I asked for a printer to go with my new laptop, so my parents bought me an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. They also bought me Photoshop software. I have wanted Photoshop for sooo long. Now, I just have to figure out how to use it. I also went to the mall and picked out a dress from Aunt Sherry. It is a red corduroy dress and so cute! I love it. Gabrielle gave me a gray bead necklace, too. Then yesterday after church, we went out to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant and bought an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. It was all delicious! I spent the rest of my afternoon working with my new scanner, scanning old photos into my computer. It was a great weekend!
So, I'm hopeful that a good year is ahead of me. Maybe some changes for the best with college and jobs. New friends, new plans, new ideas......I'm kind of excited.
~For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end~ Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mandy! I am glad to hear you had such a nice weekend, and that you were able to get the printer for your laptop that you wanted.

P.S.-I did not know our birthdays were so close together! ;)

Lauren Christine said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday! :)