Monday, November 3, 2008

Getting out to vote...

Tomorrow is Election Day 2008. It's an important election -- so important that it's hard not to worry about the outcome. While McCain may not be as conservative as some would want him to be, Obama's liberal beliefs are coming through more and more. "Spread the wealth"?? Their tax plans and economic policies are somewhat beyond me and given how different people give different interpretations of what they will mean I can't rely too much on that, but I do realize that Obama is for huge tax increases and redistribution of wealth. Most importantly, he is pro-choice. Boundless has convinced me lately that taxes, economics, environment, foreign policies -- while these might all be important issues, they are nothing in comparison to the issue of abortion. We need to vote for the candidate who is pro-life, who will vote to overturn Roe v. Wade. There are questions about whether McCain is pro-life enough, but Obama is adamantly pro-choice.

I have to work tomorrow, but I will be getting up and leaving early so that I can cast my vote for president. As an American, it is our duty to vote. As a Christian, we should pray for our country, but not worry about the outcome of tomorrow. The Lord has America and the whole world in His hands.

No comments: