Thursday, November 6, 2008

Latest drawings....

When I scanned these, there was still a little touching up work to do on them, but these are the almost -final products. I've posted some of these before, I think, but the scanner shows the drawings better.


Marat Safin. I decided to try a sports drawing and used one that we took at the tennis tournament.
This is one of my favorites. I took this picture of Kati a couple of years ago. I was putting up Aunt Sherry's Christmas tree for her and Kati was "helping" me decorate. I always laugh at how sweet she looks in the picture. You would never know she had been jumping up and down screaming for an ornament two seconds before it was snapped.

Aunt Sherry's wedding portrait


My hands holding a flower. I've added more details to the flower since then, because I realized the flower is the focal point of the piece. It needs lots of little details to make it interesting.



This is definitely my favorite. The trail is one I took when I was climbing natural bridge and the lighting was incredible. It was really hard to try to recreate all the lights and darks in pencil.


Civil War soldiers. My friend took this photo at a reenactment and was kind enough to let me use her picture as a reference photo. Because the people are at a distance, I couldn't get a lot of detail in it, but it still looks interesting. and the smoke/dust looks more like smoke/dust than it did before.

My uncle's barn.
I'm trying to get frames together for all these drawings now, as well as come up with names for all of them. I hate that part. I really hate that part. But, the drawings are finished at least. And, even though I accidentally requested the wrong day off for the art show, my supervisor was nice enough to work around my schedule and let me have Saturday off. So, every thing's almost finished. Maybe I'll take my camera Saturday and take some pictures.






3 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

Wow! I am so impressed!! Those are beautiful... and you are very blessed with talent!

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Thanks for posting your pictures, they are all so beautiful, and fun to look at. It amazes me how life like they all are!

Mandy said...

Thank you both so much!!