Sunday, November 9, 2008

Art Show

The art show was last Saturday. It's a long day -- registration ends at ten, judging is from 11-1, and the award ceremony is at 4. After I had registered all my pieces and given left them with the organizers to be hung, they came back and told me I had to change the tags on all my pieces because the person at the registry had given me photography tags. I guess it was a compliment that she thought my drawings were photographs, but it was a big aggravation to deal with at the last minute. We went out to eat while the judging took place and came back to find that my tree and soldiers had won second place ribbons in their categories and my hands won a honorable mention. The show was larger than last year, so I was glad to get even those three ribbons.

I came down with bad head cold yesterday, so I couldn't enjoy myself and look around at all the pieces like I usually do. My head was throbbing and I just felt -- sick. I still feel like that today. Anyway, I'm always inspired by going and seeing everyone else's work. It makes me want to learn to paint so bad. I even want to start taking lessons again. I started researching local art teachers and found one I would love to take from. Maybe soon. There is so much going on right now that I don't think I can add another thing, but this made me remember how much I love art and want to learn more and to keep it a part of my life.

No comments: