Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back Home Again!

Happy New Year everyone! I started the new year with vacation, so that put me in a good mood. :) We had a good time back home. I was able to spend time with my family and even went out with my friends a few times. It was great to just relax -- no alarm clocks, no time clocks, no customers, no managers, no schedules, no nothing except what I wanted to do. After October, November, and December, a week like that was bliss. But, by the time the week started to wind down, I was ready to get back to my own home, my own schedule, and, yes, my job.

Anyway, 2009 is here. There's going to be a lot going on this year. My cousin is getting married in April. I'm supposed to be an honorary bridesmaid. My sister graduates high school in May. My aunt will probably come to see us in August and will probably make one more vacation in August or September. My plans for this year are:

  1. Finish my career diploma
  2. Eat healthier and get in shape. The holiday season has put me back on 2-3 soft drinks a day whereas before I was hardly drinking any.
  3. Make a vast amount of progress on my novel
  4. Take some more art lessons
  5. Organize everything pertaining to myself
  6. Make something. I haven't made a quilt, cross-stitch sampler or anything else this year.

So, those are the things I would like to do, the first two in particular. But I don't know what this year will hold. It could hold some pleasant surprises that throw my plan awry in a good way or trials that mess up my plans in a way I didn't want. But 2009 belongs to the Lord. He has a plan for it that will work out for good for me and all His ways are perfect. I hope that it will be a good year, full of blessings and happiness, not just for me but for everyone.

Pr 16:9 -
A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.
Pr 19:21 -
There are many plans in a man's heart, Nevertheless the Lord's counsel--that will stand.

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Why is it that just because we have a holiday we end up drinking more soda than we normally would? But...I guess that would go with everything that we eat that we normally wouldn't eat, but we do. ;)

My brother has found a way to download videos from Youtube, and convert DVD's to play on the iPod. The converter is easy to use, and it's:
www.videora.com
After all the time I spent reading, reading and doing more reading, I thought we would have to buy a $40 converter. When my brother found this, and got it to work, I could not believe it!
If you have any questions about it , just ask.

It's too funny that we both got the Touch too! I went to 3 stores (Best Buy and Walmart) and looking for a "skin" for mine, and the entire iPod Touch accessory area was CLEANED OUT! I think everyone in NorthEastern PA got one this year. ;)

Talk to you soon!

P.S. Have you thought about what kind of case you were going to get for yours?

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Hi Mandy! I think I am going to get the Zagg iPod cover for mine. My Aunt has it for hers, and it really looks great, it fits like a skin, so you don't even know that it's on. I will probably do a post on mine, so you can see for yourself if that's what you want or not.

Talk to you soon!