Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cashiering at Christmas, Part 4

There is a lot more I could tell -- a LOT more-- but I'm determined to end this series with a post about the nice customers that came through my line. Most people weren't as too terribly bad. But there were some who were really nice.

I was in the middle of a frantically busy work day with lines that never went away. This guy came through the line. As I was ringing him up, he was very polite, asked very nicely if he could have a box and a gift receipt, and I could tell he really felt sorry for me because I was working so hard. He actually apologised for asking me to go through the extra trouble to hand him a box and thanked me for ringing him up.

One morning before we got busy, this couple was in the store and the woman began to talk to me. she mentioned that the store wasn't busy and said laughing that I knew it would be before long. She actually turned around and thanked me for all the work we cashiers did over the holidays and told me how much she appreciated it.

I was dead-on-my-feet tired on day and this sweet little old lady came through my line. She was so nice and so pleasant and gave me a tract from her church when she was leaving.

A young girl came through my line, was very nice, and even though I had never met her before, asked if there was anything she could pray for me for.

When the hours are long and the work is hard, people like that really stand out brighten up your day. So thank you to all the customers who took the time this holiday season to show a little patience and friendliness to your overworked and exhausted cashiers. :)

No comments: