Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hike to the Natural Bridge, Part 3

Sunlight at last! My camera couldn't capture the beautiful panoramic view of the mountains I had here, especially because the closet trees were always in the way of my lens. I was really feeling lost now, though, because I knew I'd never seen a view like that until I got to the top before.

Here I'm walking beside the rocky mountain face. Just past this, I finally ran into my dad and sister coming back down. They were as confused as I was because nothing looked familiar. Two people had just passed us and overheard what we were saying. They told us that we were on the right trail and to just keep going about another tenth of mile to reach the bridge. Another tenth of a mile? That's just what I wanted to hear. Here's my dad and Gabrielle climbing some really rocky steps just before we reach the bridge. After that top step, we walked straight out onto it and realized we weren't on the wrong trail -- just an entirely different one than we had taken before. Usually, we take the original trail, which goes straight under the bridge, around, and then onto it. Somehow, we had taken a newer trail that led way out to the side of the bridge and then directly out onto it.
Our view from the top.
Looking over the side (as close as I get!).

No comments: