Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More Drawing

Here's a picture of my finished pirate ship. I've been wanting to draw a picture of a ship for a long time (years) but I haven't been able to find any reference photos that weren't copyrighted. One of my friends at church got married this summer and went to Aruba on her honeymoon. While they were there, she saw this ship sailing on the ocean and took pictures of it! Isn't that neat? I was so glad she let me copy the picture to draw. The rocky background is something I put in myself. I wanted to add something in the distance to break up the monotony of the water, so I looked up pictures of cliffs online to get a general idea for these. I still need to work on them a little more, put in more shadows, etc.

I have so much drawing to do. I'm working on three pictures now and I work on them every spare minute - even while I watch television - so I can finish them and have plenty of time to work on all the smaller details before the art show. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I have left to do, so I'm really pushing myself hard to keep working at a steady pace. I hope that by my next art lesson ( two weeks from now) I will have made a lot of progress on those pieces.

2 comments:

Elisabeth Black said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I think your photography is nice, too. :)

Mandy said...

Thank you so much!! I've been drawing for a few years now and spent this summer trying to improve my photography skills. It's not so easy to take a good picture!